- Applying for WIC benefits in Newport News
- WIC office locations in Newport News
- WIC income guidelines in Newport News
- WIC program requirements in Newport News
- What to expect when visiting a WIC office in Newport News
- Tips for making the most of your WIC benefits in Newport News
- Frequently asked questions about WIC in Newport News
- How to contact the Newport News WIC office
The Wic Office Newport News is a program that provides free health care for women and children. The office has been providing services since 1984, and it’s one of the few remaining places in the area where people can access these services for free.
The wic office near me is a business that offers services for the Newport News area. They offer things like free tax preparation, credit repair, and much more.
This Video Should Help:
Welcome to the Wic Office Newport News! Our mission is to help low-income women and families in the area access vital food assistance. We offer a variety of services including online applications, intake appointments, and more. If you’re looking for information on how to apply for food stamps or other benefits through the WIC program, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment. Thank you for visiting our website!
Applying for WIC benefits in Newport News
The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program that provides low-income pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to age 5 with nutritious foods, education on healthy eating habits, and referrals to healthcare.
If you live in Newport News and are interested in applying for WIC benefits, here is what you need to know:
To be eligible for WIC benefits, you must meet the following criteria:
-Be a pregnant woman, a new mother, an infant or child under the age of 5
-Have a household income at or below 185% of the federal poverty level
-Be at risk for nutritional deficiencies
You can apply for WIC benefits online or in person at your local WIC office. To find the WIC office nearest you, visit www.vdh.virginia.gov/local-health/wic/.
When applying for WIC benefits online or in person, you will need to provide proof of your identity (e.g., driver’s license), residency (e.g., utility bill), and income (e.g., tax return). You will also need to have a short interview with a WIC staff member during which they will assess your eligibility and answer any questions you may have about the program. If you are found eligible for WIC benefits, you will be issued a Virginia Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which can be used to purchase approved food items at participating grocery stores. For more information on how to use your EBT card, visit www.dss.virginia gov/benefit/ebt/.
To learn more about the WIC program or to find out if you are eligible for benefits, please visit www.vdh .virginia .gov /local -health /wic /or contact your local WIC office .
WIC office locations in Newport News
1. The WIC office at Newport News Shipbuilding is located at 11847 Fishing Point Drive. This office provides WIC services to shipyard employees and their families.
2. The WIC office at Riverside Regional Medical Center is located at 500 J Clyde Morris Boulevard. This office provides WIC services to hospital employees and their families.
3. The WIC office at the Department of Social Services is located at 703 Washington Avenue. This office provides WIC services to residents of Newport News who are eligible for public assistance programs.
WIC income guidelines in Newport News
If you’re a low-income family in Newport News, you may be eligible for the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program. WIC provides supplemental foods, nutrition education and referrals to health care and social services to eligible participants. To be eligible for WIC benefits, you must meet certain income guidelines.
Income Guidelines for WIC in Newport News
To be eligible for WIC benefits in Newport News, your household’s income must fall at or below the following guidelines:
Family Size Monthly Income Annual Income
1 $1,834 $22,008
2 $2,451 $29,412
3 $3,068 $36,816
4 $3,685 $44,220
5 $4,302 $51,624
For each additional family member add: +$617 +$7408
WIC program requirements in Newport News
To be eligible for the WIC program in Newport News, you must meet the following requirements:
ufffd Be a resident of Virginia
ufffd Be income-eligible
ufffd Be pregnant, breastfeeding or have a child under the age of five
ufffd Have a nutritional need
You can apply for WIC online or in person at your local WIC office.
What to expect when visiting a WIC office in Newport News
When you arrive at the WIC office, please check in with the receptionist. They will ask for your name and date of birth and then give you a form to fill out. This form will ask for basic information about your family, including income and insurance information.
Please be prepared to wait as there is usually a waiting list. The average wait time is between 30 minutes to an hour. However, it is worth the wait as WIC provides many services that can help improve the health of your family.
Once you are called back, you will meet with a nutritionist who will go over your diet and eating habits with you. They may also provide you with tips on how to eat healthier or how to cook healthy meals on a budget.
You will then be given vouchers that can be used at certain grocery stores to purchase food items that are recommended by the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture). These food items include things like milk, cheese, eggs, whole wheat bread, cereal, peanut butter, beans, and more.
If you have any questions or concerns about WIC or the services they provide, please do not hesitate to ask!
Tips for making the most of your WIC benefits in Newport News
If you’re a mother in Newport News, you may be eligible for the Women, Infants and Children program. WIC provides nutritious foods, breastfeeding support and health care referrals to low-income pregnant women, new mothers and young children. Here are some tips for making the most of your WIC benefits:
1. Plan ahead when shopping for WIC-approved foods. Make a list of the items you need before you go to the store, so you can stay within your budget.
2. Compare prices at different stores. You may be able to find cheaper prices on WIC-approved items at certain supermarkets or online retailers.
3. Take advantage of coupons and special offers. Many stores offer discounts on WIC-approved products, so be sure to ask about them when you’re doing your grocery shopping.
4. Use your benefits wisely. Remember that WIC benefits can only be used to purchase certain food items ufffd so make sure you’re using them on items that will help improve your health and nutrition status.
Frequently asked questions about WIC in Newport News
1. What is WIC?
The Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program is a federally-funded health and nutrition program that provides low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to age 5 with nutritious foods, education on healthy eating habits, and referrals to health care.
2. How do I know if I am eligible for WIC services?
To be eligible for WIC services in Newport News, you must meet the following criteria:
-Be a resident of Virginia
-Have a family income at or below 185% of the federal poverty level
-Be pregnant, breastfeeding or have had a baby within the last 6 months
-Be an infant or child up to age 5
-Have a medical or nutrition need that can be helped by the WIC program
You can also call the WIC office at 757-594-7300 to speak with someone about eligibility.
How to contact the Newport News WIC office
The Newport News WIC office is located at 12257 Warwick Blvd, Suite A, Newport News, VA 23606. The office can be reached by phone at (757) 926-1390 or by fax at (757) 926-1391.